test4

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June Portfolio Update

June was relatively quiet. I warned in the first week of May, a Head and Shoulders pattern was observed at the end of 5 major Elliott Waves. This would signify that our interim top has arrived.

As mentioned in the previous update, May saw STI plunging nearly 300~400 points. For the month of June, STI rebounded higher in a possible wave B, while appearing to start a renewed plunge the last few days, ending the month almost flat.


I sold Singtel at $2.97, a little too early given it's price now, although I could have bought it back cheaper at $2.90 the day after. With the sale, my monthly dividend amount has dropped to $715. However, I'm quite optimistic I will be able to buy back cheaper soon, possibly in time for the next round of dividends.

The month of June also saw dividends coming in from Starhub (again), CitySpring and AIMSAMPIREIT, totalling nearly $1k. There was also a one-off $200 GST Credit.

A short summary of my core holdings:



Portfolio cost: $109360
Portfolio value: $124780
Percentage gain: 14.10%

My spare funds has increased and reached near $20k. Not a lot, but sufficient for a few lots of quality value here and there, I hope.


Trading Basket -- Hoping to sell off 

I want to sell these off when I can, or cut loss when I can take the loss :(
Portfolio cost: $25210
Portfolio value: $15130
Loss of around $10.08k


(red = freezer stocks to remind myself of my mistakes)
30 lots of Hor Kew at 0.125
20 lots of LC Dev at 0.21
2 lots of Cosco at 2.67  ===> After seeing how Berlian Laju behaves, I'm starting to like this stock, and might move it to part of my core holdings eventually. I will need some more time to read up more here.
60 lots of Berlian Laju at 0.117
20 lots of China Sky at 0.245

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment >>