test4

Monday, October 25, 2010

Berlian Laju

I had wanted to write about Berlian Laju before the recent rise-up, but I just didn't have the time to do so.
These were the articles I had wanted to share when it was around 3.5cts.

http://www.theedgesingapore.com/blog-heads/kang-wan-chern/16933-kang-wan-chern-berlian-laju-tankers-badly-timed-expansion-moves-leave-investors-cold.html#

http://www.nextinsight.net/content/view/1963/60/

http://www.nextinsight.biz/content/view/1513/79/

http://www.nextinsight.biz/content/view/1521/79/

I shall just summarize my thoughts in points...

Why I bought last time:
Listen to others :x

Why I keep:
New Indonesian Cabotage law that will benefit Berlian Laju greatly
==> Berlian Laju is the greatest beneficiary in my opinion

2nd biggest chemical tanker operator in the world

Below NAV


Why I will sell eventually:
I don't like the management issuing rights so many times
Bad financial management
Corporate bonds offering 10% coupon. Wow so high! ==> Indicates high risk?


Why I might keep in the future:
Berlian could spin off a shipping trust from itself, and clear it's debts.



Let's see how it goes.


Note: I do not recommending buying it, unlike CIMB.

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to call for buysssss for all the bluechips when STI was 1,500, but I have no time to do so.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I opened comments to anonymous posters as a way for people without any accounts to be able to comment.

    LC Dev is in my ready-to-sell stock, and I'm not an investor in LC Dev anyway. My position in it is too small to bother me.

    I will delete all comments relating to LC Dev by anonymous Commenters as it is totally irrelevant to this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anonymous,

    Thanks for visiting and leaving your sarcasm.

    Fact is, I have Berlian Laju way before the recent rise, and I have commented on it before in an older comment when a fellow blogger asked about it. I listed the reasons why I did not sell. I have also listed the reasons why it was a bad purchase in an even earlier post. If you do not even bother to check out what I have written back then, then it just shows on you how shallow and immature you are.

    I have prepared this blog post long before, but I was back at reservist and hence did not post out.

    It's still a stock I will likely sell eventually. I do not like it, and I do not recommend any one to buy it.

    ReplyDelete

Please Comment >>